Why You Should Get Help with Your Patent Application
Welcome To Our Learning Center
- A Basic Guide To Bringing Your Idea To Market
- A Glossary Of Common Patent Terms
- All About Licensing your Patent
- Intellectual Property
- Statement of Non Disclosure
- America Invents Act
- An In Depth Understanding of the Patent Application Process
- Being A Co Inventor With Another Person
- Benefits of Using a Patent Services Company
- Can You Patent A Combination Invention?
- Can You Sell Patent Pending Ideas
- Differences Between Patents And Trade Secrets
- Get A Patent Before You Crowdsource
- Getting An International Patent
- How To Sell Your Patent
Steps To Success
- How A Prototype Can Help You
- How To Avoid Joint Patent Ownership
- How To Commission A Prototype
- How To Contest A Patent
- How To Perfect Your Patent Application Illustration
- How to transition from an app idea to an app invention
- International Patent Application
- Industry Expert Radio Segment 1
- Industry Expert Radio Segment 2
- Industry Expert Radio Segment 3
- Industry Expert Radio Segment 4
- Infographic How Patent Services USA Saves Inventors Money
- Infographic How to research your invention and save money
- Infographic Patent facts 2014
- Infographic Protecting Your Invention with a Patent
- Infographic Research package comparison
- Invention Promotion Company
- The Basics Of Design Patents
- The Basics Of Invention Prototyping
- Next Steps to Take with Your Invention
- Patent Application
- Patent Boom
- Patent Pending Scheme
- Patent Process
- Patent Services USA
- Pay Attention to the Following In Your Patent
- Provisional and Non Provisional Patents Explained
- Provisional Application
- Provisional Patent Checklist
- PSUSA Offers Inventors Who Conducted Invention Research Elsewhere with Investment Protection
- Research your invention before filing a patent
- Scope of Work
- Seven Steps To Take Before Applying For A Patent
- The Steps of the Patent Process
- Understanding The Patent Application Process
- Utility Patent
- Why You Need To Research Your Patent
Industry Tips & Pitfalls
- Should You Patent Your Invention
- Spot Warning Signs and Ask the Right Follow up Questions
- Start Your Own Business The Smart Way
- startup model
- The Benefits of Getting Professional Help With Your Patent
- The Danger Of Patent Trolls
- The Difference Between A Patent Rejection And An Objection
- The Difference Between A Patent Services Company And A Patent Attorney
- The Purpose of Patent Services
- Three Common Mistakes You Can Make in the Patent Application Process
- Three Crucial Steps For Protecting Your Invention
- Three Key Features You Need To Include In Your Patent Description
- Three Reasons To Build An Invention Prototype
- Three Tips For Assessing The Market Value Of Your Invention Yourself
- Trade Secret
- Double Blind Study
- Even the Smallest Inventions Need a Patent
- First Inventor to File
- First to File
- Five Tips On How To Pitch Your Invention
- Formal Service Proposal
- Going From Dream To Reality with your Invention Idea
- How A Patent Helps Me And My Invention
- How a Patent Services Company Can Help You
- How Long Does A Patent Protect My Invention
- How To Identify The Patentable Feature Of Your Invention
- Typical Consequences Of Patent Infringement
- United States Constitution
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- US Constitution
- Ways To Not Handle The Patent Process
- Welcome to Our Learning Center
- What Does It Mean If My Patent Is Pending
- What Happens If My Patent Is Copied
- What Is A Foreign Filing License
- What Is A Patent And Why Could You Need One
- What Not To Do When Trying To Sell Your Invention
- What Rights Will My Patent Give Me
- What The America Invents Act Of 2011 Means For You
- When You Shouldn't Patent An Idea
- Why Trademarks Are Important
- Why You May Want Help With Your Patent
- Why You Need A Patent Attorney On Your Team
- Why You Should Get Help with Your Patent Application
- Will My Patent Last Forever
To File a Patent Application Alone, Or to Get Help with The Grueling Process, That Is the Question
If you are an inventor, then you have probably already begun the daunting process of looking into getting a patent for your invention. Finding the right patent can become a headache, and the language that is used may be confusing and too much to handle or truly comprehend. It is a good idea to find someone that can take all the guesswork out of the process and help you find the most viable patent opportunities with clear, written proposals.
What is a Patent?
First, you will want to understand what a patent is. A patent is a license that confers a right or title for a set period of time that carries the sole right to exclude anyone else from making, using or selling your invention and idea. The patent is issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and is typically good for a term of twenty years from the date of the application.
There are several different patents that you will need to know about to decide which would be best for you including utility patents, design patents, and plant patents. A utility patent is for someone that has invented a new and useful process. You need a design patent for a brand new and original design that has never been seen before. A plant patent is for anyone that invents or discovers a new variety of plant.
The Benefits of Getting Help with your Patent
While you can get a patent yourself, without any help, it is recommended that you hire a professional that can help guide you through the process so that you do not miss out on any valuable information, paperwork, or documentation that is involved in the process.
A patent consultant is equipped with the knowledge and experience that is needed to help with the legal aspects of obtaining your patent. They may also have the connections you need that you would not otherwise have access to that can even assist you with marketing research and making your product more marketable.
Intellectual Property is a form of intangible property that is based on your idea for the invention you have created. To protect your rights to the intellectual property, there are patents, copyrights, and trademarks available that help to promote innovation while excluding others from using your invention idea
Receiving a patent for your invention can be a lengthy and costly process, so it is recommended that you get the help and advice of a professional. They can also help independent inventors gain the attention of established companies.
Common Mistakes you may Make During the Patent Process
If you choose to get the patent without a professional consultation, there are a few mistakes that can be made during the process, which could also be easily avoided if you had a professional helping you.
If you are too vague when it comes to the documentation for your patent, then you are risking losing valuable information about your product and the process you took while inventing it. You should be extremely detailed and thorough when it comes to the documentation concerning your patent.
If you do not conduct a patent search, then you are risking your product already being patented by someone else. You need to make sure that there is no current patent on your idea. Checking for an existing patent is commonly overlooked because the inventor feels as if their product is unique, however, there can be several with the same idea or concept.
You will also need to make sure that you apply for the patent in time. Once you sell your first product, you only have a year to get the patent.
Now if you decide to continue with a patent professional, then many of these mistakes may be corrected and could ultimately even be avoided.
It is always best to have all of your bases covered before continuing with your idea. Patent services can help you do the following:
Research: They can help verify if the patent is available, help you write a clear proposal, and consult you on the process from start to finish. They can also help you work with top research resources, and even find you double-blind research at group-buy prices.
Protection: You will be ensured that everything is filed correctly, you can file with an expedited management, open your project to international markets, and be informed of all your rights and options when it comes to patenting your product and idea
Licensing: You will also be prepared when you reach the patent-pending stage, and you will receive free marketing consultation and support
Before filing your patent alone, consider the many benefits you can take advantage of when you consult with an experienced and knowledgeable patent service company. Let us help make the patent process easier on you.